This dude.......

Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Please, do not make threats or posts that could be considered a threat against US government officials. That is not protected speech and is actually a felony under US law. I am sure that you don’t want a visit from the FBI or the secret service.

Spirited debate and if necessary, legal protests are much more effective, as is voting in local, state, and federal elections.

Han Burgundy

Grand Admiral
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Someone should lock themselves in the back seat with this fine gentleman and let loose with the rotten flatus of our ancestors, stopping only when his will to live has been extracted from his soul.

(PG enough for ya?)

Some people deserve the justice that angry mobs will bring to their doorstep.

Printimus

Grand Admiral
Officer
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Please, do not make threats or posts that could be considered a threat against US government officials. That is not protected speech and is actually a felony under US law. I am sure that you don’t want a visit from the FBI or the secret service.

Spirited debate and if necessary, legal protests are much more effective, as is voting in local, state, and federal elections.
Well said.

Let's try to be civil about this discussion.

Jan 4, 2017
RSI Handle
shakywater

Printimus

Grand Admiral
Officer
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I'd be more impressed if the people who spent the last few weeks openly purging wrong think from the internet weren't the same people telling me this is the end of the free internet.
Are we slowly being introduced to a future similar to the novel of 1984?

Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Are we slowly being introduced to a future similar to the novel of 1984?
TLDR.: Yes.

Looking at the above article, the EU passing article 11 and 13 which basically allows them to censor whatever the heck they want that gets posted, and the concerted acts of the big social media platforms in recent weeks, I wonder how long it will take utill a regular joe has to make shady deals in dark places. Not for sex, drugs, or other illicit physical goods, but for code that gives access to the internet without the risk of getting caught for posting "wrongthink" content and "copyrighted" memes...
Those who really liked what they saw in Cyberpunk 2077, might get a taste of that distopian future sooner then they expect (lol?)

But ofc, both with net neutrality and with the EU link tax article, these fears might not ever really manifest in the real world, or at least not for long. Both have deep monetary implications, and if the money stops flowing, it might even take years, but they will probably change.

Printimus

Grand Admiral
Officer
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
TLDR.: Yes.

Looking at the above article, the EU passing article 11 and 13 which basically allows them to censor whatever the heck they want that gets posted, and the concerted acts of the big social media platforms in recent weeks, I wonder how long it will take utill a regular joe has to make shady deals in dark places. Not for sex, drugs, or other illicit physical goods, but for code that gives access to the internet without the risk of getting caught for posting "wrongthink" content and "copyrighted" memes...
Those who really liked what they saw in Cyberpunk 2077, might get a taste of that distopian future sooner then they expect (lol?)

But ofc, both with net neutrality and with the EU link tax article, these fears might not ever really manifest in the real world, or at least not for long. Both have deep monetary implications, and if the money stops flowing, it might even take years, but they will probably change.
Better start practicing my new think.